Original topic:

RCS Chat stuck on setting up.

(Topic created: 02-28-2024 08:54 PM)
MaryGalaxyS23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
When I turn on my RCS Chat in google messages, it's stuck on setting up and trying to verify my phone number. I turned it on and off again and turned my phone on and off and nothing works. My carrier is Spectrum and they do allow RCS Chat. I've used it before a couple of weeks ago and then turned it off cause I wasn't sure if I wanted to use it or not but decided to try it again and now when I turn it on, it says - Status: "Setting up" in red letters and underneath it says - "Verifying phone number". Does anyone know how to fix this?
MaryGalaxyS23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Oh ok. Well I guess we'll both have to talk to our carriers.
0 Likes
MaryGalaxyS23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Hey, I found something online and did what it said and now my RCS says - Connected and is working. I actually tried it once before but in the wrong order- Go to settings, Then Apps, look for your message app and go in and click on storage and clear data (it won't delete your message's you might just have to redo some settings or not). Then hit - force stop and then hit open, then turned on airplane mode and waited like 5 sec's and then turned it back off and then go to turn your RCS chats on. Do it in exactly that order. Let me know if that worked for you.
0 Likes
Members_D8ys2Ge
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

That worked! I didnt need to turn on airplane mode or any steps after but this definitely worked!! Thank you!!ā¤ļø

MaryGalaxyS23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
You're welcome!
0 Likes
herbielover98
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Just wanted to say this worked for me! RCS wasn't working on my S24 on T-Mobile until I tried this trick and it's all good now!
0 Likes
MaryGalaxyS23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Oh good, I'm glad to hear that! It's so frustrating when somerhing don't work that you really want to work and you tried just about everything. Enjoy!
ms82082
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you! This worked perfectly.
0 Likes
MaryGalaxyS23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
You're welcome! ā˜ŗļø Good to hear it worked for you!
0 Likes
jblatt07869
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm on spectrum as well, let me know what you find out!
0 Likes
MaryGalaxyS23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Ok, I'm going to be talking to them later tonight. Their calling back to see if another issue I had has resolved. it self yet.
0 Likes