Original topic:

RCS Chat stuck on setting up.

(Topic created: 02-28-2024 08:54 PM)
MaryGalaxyS23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
When I turn on my RCS Chat in google messages, it's stuck on setting up and trying to verify my phone number. I turned it on and off again and turned my phone on and off and nothing works. My carrier is Spectrum and they do allow RCS Chat. I've used it before a couple of weeks ago and then turned it off cause I wasn't sure if I wanted to use it or not but decided to try it again and now when I turn it on, it says - Status: "Setting up" in red letters and underneath it says - "Verifying phone number". Does anyone know how to fix this?
25 Replies
jblatt07869
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
So I had no luck, Just a bunch of organizations, pointing fingers at each other. 1709310270523.jpg
0 Likes
MaryGalaxyS23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Same here. One guy from Spectrum did say he would see if he could talk back and forth with google and see what he could find out and he's going to call me back on Sunday.
jblatt07869
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Samsung just told me to return the phone. They don't even want to attempt to fix it. Local service center was no use. 1709410472786.jpg
0 Likes
MaryGalaxyS23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Wish Samgsung would have told me that! I ask them about a new phone since mine is still under warranty (cause I'm dealing with another problem with mms texting not work either) and they said I would have to send mine to them and they would look at it and determine if there was something wrong with the phone and then they would send me a new one, but it would take 10 - 14 days. **bleep**! I can't go without a phone for 2 weeks, what are they nuts! I think their giving me the runaround. That's BS!
0 Likes
jblatt07869
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Got it!! So I went from an S23+ to an. S 24 ultra Using smart switch. I got it to work by clearing the cash and the data from Google messages. And then going into my google account and Toggling the auto verify on and off 1709420456404.jpg
0 Likes
MaryGalaxyS23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Oh ok, cool! Then we both got it working! Yay!
0 Likes