JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sharing motion photos

(Topic created: 04-05-2023 05:35 AM)
LGandy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Recently my wife and I upgraded to the S23 Ultra and now when trying to send a motion photo, the receiver just gets a final still image and not the motion part. When checking the details of the image it says no camera information however on the motion photos we were able to exchange in the past it shows all the camera information as if we took the photo from our personal device. We both have the motion photo on, it's viewable from the device it was taken on, and the option selected to send the motion photo when sharing but still receive the still. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@LGandy For the best experience, I would select the photo in the Gallery and click on the 3 dot menu. Then select Export and select either Video or GIF. You can then share that. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
sparkler17
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I just got the phone myself, but if it works like the iPad does with motion photos you may need to hold your finger down on the photo to activate the motion.
0 Likes
LGandy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
No they have a little area when you tap on it that says motion photo and it will play when you click that. I also have the settings in the gallery set to auto play motion photos when swiping through so it would do that as well. The metadada is not transferring over for some reason.
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@LGandy For the best experience, I would select the photo in the Gallery and click on the 3 dot menu. Then select Export and select either Video or GIF. You can then share that. 

0 Likes
LGandy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
That then makes an additional file which would need to be deleted. The motion photo file should just be able to be shared. Did it all the time with the s21 and s20 no issues
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Does this happen to all of the sharing methods (quick share, near by share, bluetooth)?
0 Likes
LGandy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
No it works fine in those methods. Mainly sent through apps is where the issue lies. Google messages, Facebook, etc
0 Likes