JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Feature Request - external hrm, lactate threshold, easily customizable workouts

(Topic created: 04-30-2022 07:21 AM)
Shembree89
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

If there is a more official way to do a feature request, please let me know.

External Heart Rate Monitor (HRM)

As many have pointed out, optical HRMs start to lose resolution above ~110 bpm. This is why I like using an external HRM for workouts. However, on the Watch4, the only way to use a Bluetooth, external HRM is with a third-party app like Google Fit, Adidas Running, or Sporty Go. I really like the Samsung Health app and all of its metrics and want to use an external HRM, please enable this functionality.

Lactate Threshold

I am coming from a Garmin and one feature I loved was the ability to estimate lactate threshold. I understand this is just an estimate, but it was still very useful. Obviously, this would also require the external HRM mentioned above.

Easily Customizable Workouts

I'm a little obsessive with having just one app for one purpose. I would like Samsung Health to be my one-stop-shop for all things health/exercise, the same way Garmin Connect used to be. It took me quite a while to figure out interval training settings under "Running" and would like to be able to save workouts to do again. It would also be nice to set up my workouts on the phone app, then send to my watch. The ability to then schedule these workouts onto a calendar would be clutch.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

2 Replies
thomjmagee222
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I second the suggestion for using an external HRM. My Watch 4 is about 20 bpm higher versus what my Polar 10 reflects. To use my Polar 10, I have to have my phone with me.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.