JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

GW5 One UI Watch 5 Missing caller name despite phone showing it (in Romania)

(Topic created: 09-14-2023 03:48 AM)
minealex2244
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! I recently updated to One UI Watch 5 and I noticed that whenever I get a call I have an 90% chance that the name of the caller (a saved contact) won't be shown on the watch's screen. On my phone it's shown correctly. I checked the contacts and everything is ok. Didn't happen on 4.5.

The issue is like this: suppose that Bob is calling me. We're both living in Romania so our country code is +40. On my phone, I have his contact saved WITHOUT the country code. It is shown correctly on the caller screen but on the watch I can only see the number which starts with +40 and no name. Checking the contact on the watch and it's there. Trying to call him from the watch, the name disappears. If I include the country code in the contact on my phone then that fixes the problem on the watch.

It looks like the Phone app on the watch gets confused by the fact that Bob is calling me and the operator automatically includes the country code and the app doesn't include the country code by default as (I think) it should. This is  very frustrating because the main reason I bought the watch was to see who's calling me when I'm not around my phone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
You will receive a faster and more accurate response to your problem by visiting the Samsung Community for Romania in the link below. They will be more in sync with your time zone and be able to offer information specific to your region. I wish you the very best! 😀

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/romanian/ct-p/ro?page=1&tab=setting:samsung.featured_topics

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch
You will receive a faster and more accurate response to your problem by visiting the Samsung Community for Romania in the link below. They will be more in sync with your time zone and be able to offer information specific to your region. I wish you the very best! 😀

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/romanian/ct-p/ro?page=1&tab=setting:samsung.featured_topics
minealex2244
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi and thanks for you reply. I already know about the Romanian Community, but I wanted to see whether someone else stumbled upon this issue. Even the Messages app is affected by this bug and it's extremely frustrating to have this after the beta has ended and we're on stable version. It worked before. Also I don't know how to submit a bug report so the Samsung developers can fix an issue.

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch
You can submit an Error report by going to the Support tab of the Samsung Members app.
0 Likes
Esfa
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm in the UK and have the same problem ,very frustrating!!!  Displayed ID caller is what I got this watch for!

ciacovou
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue but the other way round.

When the contact is saved without the country code. The contact shows properly if the contact is saved with the country  code i.e. "+XXX NUMBER" then I dont get the contact name on the watch.  On the phone it shows correctly. I can also Add that this is only happening on the latest apdate One UI Version 5 for both my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic and Galaxy Watch 6 Classic.  It is one of the reasons I kept wearing my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic and I accidentally updated that to One UI 5 and now I have the same issue with both phones. One thing to note is that I am not using a Samsung Phone (in my case its a Pixel Phone) but that should not be a problem.  SAMSUNG need to update their Phone App on the watch. 

minealex2244
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Having a Pixel phone shouldn't be a problem. I know that they redesigned the Phone app on the One UI Watch 5 and maybe they "improved" the Contacts app code thus the bug.

0 Likes