Original topic:

Galaxy Watch5 series Initial Impressions

(Topic created: 08-25-2022 06:22 PM)
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello Samsung Members community ðŸ˜Ž

I wanted to share my thoughts and opinions on the new Samsung Galaxy Watch5 Pro. I got to see this new watch on the day it was announced while attending the Unpacked event in NYC just a few weeks ago. Since then, I got my own Galaxy Watch5 Pro and wanted to share my personal views and experience with the device.

Galaxy Watch5 Pro

To begin, the Galaxy Watch5 Pro and Watch5 are now on sale and will be priced at $449.99 (Pro) and $309.99 (44mm)/$279.99 (40mm) and can be purchased directly from Samsung here: https://howl.me/chRd6LiCWhC

Note: Since I have the Watch5 Pro and not the standard 40/44mm model, my personal points will be based off of that.

Some key features of the Watch5 Pro:

• New D Buckle watchband
  • New bigger battery (590mAh) than the Watch4/Watch4 Classic
  • New health sensors
  • New sapphire crystal display
  • New super fast USB-C charger

After unboxing the Watch5 Pro, I knew I was in for a treat. Opening the box, I was instantly greeted with the device itself in all of it's glory. The high quality super-tough titanium case and the new sapphire crystal display is straight up gorgeous! Not only that but the Galaxy Watch5 Pro by default comes with the all new D Buckle watch band as well.

The D Buckle watch band is great. After adjusting it to your wrist size, putting it on and taking it off is a breeze. It is held together by a very powerful magnet. Not only that, it feels great as well and doesn't leave me with a tight squeeze feeling yet it feels securely put on my wrist. One thing that is a bit difficult is charging but using the provided charger takes care of that.

I have to say, my favorite feature is the bigger battery. Previously, I had the Galaxy Watch4 (44mm) and found it to have decent battery life with it's 361mAh lasting me about two days on average. I've had my Galaxy Watch5 Pro for a week and am getting just over 3 days on a single charge. I am super happy with this! And when I need to top off the battery, the new USB-C (finally) super fast charger is there to save the day.

Workout detection has taken an improvement and is working great. I am also super stoked and excited to see the new temperature sensor in action however it doesn't appear to be active at the moment.

Overall, coming from the Galaxy Watch4, I can honestly say that I am satisfied with the upgrade. I'd recommend it to all, especially those who like to track their Health & Fitness. For me, I love to track my workouts and sleep patterns. My other favorite changes/additions to the Watch5 Pro over the previous generation are the battery life and the new D Buckle watchband. 

Have any questions? Feel free to ask away. Do you have a Watch5 Pro/Watch5? I'd like to hear what you think of the device!

Take care.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
79 Replies
Foss81
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
How big of a pain is charging the watch with that band? I have to search to find a compatible charger with the metal bands I go for. Because I'm not really able to lay the watch flat
mlblack16
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
You'll find the exact same issue with the D Buckle sport band. It's absolutely ridiculous. @userGj22vB51qt gave away a charging pad that won't work if you want to use the band advertised in all the pics for the GW5 Pro.
Foss81
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I don't know why they don't make an elevated charging stand 😒
mlblack16
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'd be happy even if they just went back to providing the little magnetic charging cradle. My Gear S2 came with one because it too had a band that wouldn't flex enough to allow the watch to lay flat. Spigen makes a similar product except you pop the little socket charger into the cradle. Guess I'll be spending more money to do what Samsung should have done all along.
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
I don't think itd be that hard to make one, I haven't tried but I don't have a GW5 Pro yet
Caplanjr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the old elevated charger and it takes a lot of room to pack for a trip. This new one is ultra slim
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
That is the biggest drawback in my opinion however with the included puck being magnetic, doesn't bother me too much. I put the watch on its side and walk walk away for a bit. It'd be nice if Samsung had a charger similar to the old one from the Galaxy Gear S3 watch days.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have a side stand for my GW4, maybe they will do one for the GW5, its just a stand and your puck goes inside it
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
This, they should be doing one for GW5Screenshot_20220827_215318_Amazon Shopping.jpg