Original topic:

Galaxy watch 6 44mm calling 911 while sleeping for fall detection

(Topic created: 02-28-2024 06:35 PM)
Members_rriJUuw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have had nothing but issues with my Galaxy watch 6, several times a day it "disconnects" pairing with my phone for no particular reason. I could go on and on...but my concern today is for unknow reason my watch called two family members and 911 at 4:30am to report I had taken a hard fall. My cousin got the message and also called 911, and neighbor heard police and rescue squad banging on my door, and she used her key to let them into my house. Problem was...I did not fall and was sound asleep in bed.

what the heck happened? How in the heck can I trust this watch now?? I'm embarrassed 911 police and rescue squad made unnecessary rescue, and they were none too happy about it either.

Why would this occur?? I have now turned off the fall detection alert on the watch, but it was actually the reason I GOT the watch, since I fell last year and yelled for an hour and a half til a jogger heard me, and came and called 911. I don't know how I can have confidence in the watch now

5 Replies
HerrySaini
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Try to remove wearable app from auto optimization
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern and frustration with your fall detection alerting the authorities incorrrectly. I would recommend submitting an error report as this will allow our team of engineers to get a hands-on look at the symptom you are experiencing directly. Give this link a try for the steps to submit a proper error report: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/How-to-submit-an-error-report/td-p/247...

0 Likes
Members_M38IMSF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Last week my Samsung watch sent a 911 alert text that I did not intentionally send.  Is there a way to find out the reason that it sent the alert.  I noticed a vibration from the phone but did not realize it was sent until the police arrived at my door.   

I want to know if the watch sensed something or if it just malfunctioned.  If it sensed something, I want to know what it was.  

If it was a malfunction, what do you think happened?

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch

Did you accidentally press the power key 5 times, which activated SOS mode? You can turn the feature off or set an alarm sound, so that you will have time to cancel an accidental trigger. Settings, safety and emergency, emergency SOS.

0 Likes
Members_M38IMSF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

No, that is the strange part....my watch sent a signal text to 911 all by itself.  That is why I am wondering if it sensed something unusual and sent the 911 text or whether it was a malfunction.  

0 Likes