JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to sync do not disturb between Galaxy watch 4 and S7?

(Topic created: 01-06-2023 12:50 PM)
Warbler
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am trying to sync phone and watch do not disturb. I searched online and it talks about going into the Samsung wearables app and finding the sync settings, but I don't seem to be able to find the sync settings on my phone. Is it possible because my phone is too old and those setting just aren't available on my phone? My phone is a Galaxy S7

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Warbler "Is it possible because my phone is too old and those setting just aren't available on my phone?"

That is possible I guess. Try this:

1. Open the wearable app
  2. Click on Watch settings
  3. Click on Notifications
  4. Enable the option "Sync Do not disturb with phone"

View solution in context

9 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Warbler "Is it possible because my phone is too old and those setting just aren't available on my phone?"

That is possible I guess. Try this:

1. Open the wearable app
  2. Click on Watch settings
  3. Click on Notifications
  4. Enable the option "Sync Do not disturb with phone"
Warbler
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I tried that,  I don't see the option "Sync Do not disturb with phone"  under notifications, nor under advanced notification settings.

0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
I open galaxy wearable app and scroll down. There is "sync phone settings", check there

0 Likes
Warbler
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

How do find the galaxy wearable app on my watch?  It doesn't appear on my watch.

Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
On your phone, not your watch. I meant to say I have Galaxy Watch.

0 Likes
Warbler
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Like I've said, I've searched through the galaxy wearable app on my phone was not able to find the setting.

0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
So if you just enable/disable do not disturb on your phone, what happens to settings in galaxy wearable app? Does any setting appear on the app? Maybe as you mentioned it has something to do with Android version on your phone being older

Warbler
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

You mean turn do not disturb on and off on my phone,  that doesn't seem to change anything in the wearable app.

Warbler
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

This what is on my screen where according to others, there should be the option to sync do not disturb with my galaxy watch 4.
Screenshot_20230106-220712_Galaxy Watch4 Manager.jpg

0 Likes