JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Receive Notifications on the Galaxy watch 5 with Tattoos

(Topic created: 10-05-2023 08:39 AM)
LadyDavinci
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Is it possible to request that Samsung make an update for a certain Watch setting to be made available? I want for my watch to be able to recieve notifications when I'm not wearing it because I am heavily tattooed on my left arm (my preferred watch arm) and when I'm wearing my watch it doesn't seem to know that I'm wearing it because of my tattoos so I don't get notifications. When I have it on my right wrist (which isn't as heavily tattooed) it works fine but I am right handed and I'm constantly banging my watch on things. I've already gone through 4 screen protectors in 4 months. I had a Watch Sport before I upgraded to the Watch 5 and that one had the option to receive notifications while not being worn. I just want my watch to work like I want it to.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@LadyDavinci You will be happy to know that this is already available on the latest watches. Go to watch settings -> Security and privacy and disable Wrist detection. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@LadyDavinci You will be happy to know that this is already available on the latest watches. Go to watch settings -> Security and privacy and disable Wrist detection. 

LadyDavinci
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
You are an absolute lifesaver!!! Thank you so much!!