Original topic:

Watch for International travel

(Topic created: 03-16-2024 12:07 PM)
TimeToGo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I will be travelling internationally soon. I need a watch that can tell the local time WITHOUT connecting to my smartphone. I will be in places for extended periods of time where there in no internet or cellular available. 

Thanks

3 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Without an internet connection a watch will not be able to detect and change time zones automatically. You would have to do that manually. If you turn on Airplane mode on the watch it will act like any watch and tell you the time.
0 Likes
TimeToGo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks LongHiker šŸ˜Š
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch

As a traveler, I will tell you this: if you want to set the time on your watch for where you are manually, you will first have to set the time settings on your phone to not be automatic (unless your phone changes time zones to where you are, before you are disconnected from it). Putting your phone in airplane mode will certainly save your battery and your watch will still tell time and track your vitals for the health apps. I also noticed that if the location is set to on, your watch will detect your time zone and change automatically to local time. So, I guess that would mean you can keep your time settings on automatic. I only put it on manual when I need to stay on ship's time, not local time. There is also a watch face with dual time zones, should you need to know both the local time and the home time. It's called roaming clock.

0 Likes