JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unpairing firestick remote control from Samsung TV

(Topic created: 05-11-2023 05:16 PM)
user5nhSXlTQqc
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Does anyone know how to unpair the firestick remote control from Samsung tv? I by mistake pressed button that now my firestick turns on and off my tv and also the volume but when I want to switch and use the Samsung remote control it does not work. Any suggestions or feedback? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@user5nhSXlTQqc TVs don't lock onto a single remote and only allow that one to control it. TVs have no sense of where the remote signals originate from. This means that you can buy universal remotes, or use remotes from cable/dish TV providers and they won't prevent the original remote from working. 

If your original TV remote isn't working, that remote could be broken or the batteries could be dead.  

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Settings
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@user5nhSXlTQqc TVs don't lock onto a single remote and only allow that one to control it. TVs have no sense of where the remote signals originate from. This means that you can buy universal remotes, or use remotes from cable/dish TV providers and they won't prevent the original remote from working. 

If your original TV remote isn't working, that remote could be broken or the batteries could be dead.  

0 Likes