disable refrigerator wifi

(Topic created: 11-26-2023 04:21 PM)
labRat48
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have refrigerator model

RF18A5101SR/AA

and am unable to get it connected to the Smartthings App.  How do I disable the WiFi?

Perhaps this is being too security conscious, but I would just as soon have a dumb refrigerator where direct physical access is needed to change the settings.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
labRat48
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I phoned the number and received instructions for disabling the Wi-Fi.  Essentially touch and hold the button even after the AP notification appears. Eventually you will receive an Ar notification. You can let go. The fridge wifi was now disabled. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

For your troubles connecting to Smart Things, you can check out their community or by phoning them at 866-813-2404. They'll be able to get you all set up and help you disable the wifi if that's what you end up wanting to do. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
labRat48
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I phoned the number and received instructions for disabling the Wi-Fi.  Essentially touch and hold the button even after the AP notification appears. Eventually you will receive an Ar notification. You can let go. The fridge wifi was now disabled.