JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV backlight failed after about 3 yrs/ why Samsung

(Topic created: 05-03-2023 10:52 AM)
Kidtoonami
Astronaut
Options
LED and OLED TVs

After less than 3 years my UN43NU6900B,.. is unusable,... poorly designed TVs. 

Backlight and falling reflectors,... within a one month period,.. what a waste of money. 

That's the difference between previous technologies put out by "Early Samsung" where they were actually making products that don't break (my G4 phone still works,.. however a Note 5 battery fails .. not to mention the burning battery syndrome in models after) 

They are trying to have disposable products, so we have to buy new product,... there is just no more durability and/or trust of lasting components. 

So as I watch posts of Samsung constantly making new bad product ... why should I spend money on bad product?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
LED and OLED TVs
We live in a age of buy new and upgrade often. Its crazy when you think how fast new versions are released not even a full year goes by. Samsung has such a wide range of models. in each series, you have a bottom to top tier. For an average customer This I agree can make it very difficult to know what you are getting. It's important to note that in each product phones tvs and appliances etc. You have the top like s23 ultra 8k Qled tvs ect. The build quality materials features and specs are very very different. And then you have the budget products and the mass lines. I review tech and what I have found is that there is definitely a big difference in the amount of time the top series last and get support with software ect. But the truth is anything can break at any time for many different reasons but companies go by percentage if the sell 100 million units of one item and 95 million work great but 5 million break we are more likely to hear about the ones that broke and not the ones still working. But I can definitely say Samsung S23Ultra is the best phone they have ever made by a massive margin. Samsung 8k qled tvs and QD-OLED tvs are outstanding along with the top end Bespoke Appliances. I have reviewed different brands for many years Samsung products included and they have definitely upgraded their products significantly from even 5 years ago so I like what I'm seeing. But all brands can and will always have products to fail unfortunately but every product on the market can have issues.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
LED and OLED TVs
We live in a age of buy new and upgrade often. Its crazy when you think how fast new versions are released not even a full year goes by. Samsung has such a wide range of models. in each series, you have a bottom to top tier. For an average customer This I agree can make it very difficult to know what you are getting. It's important to note that in each product phones tvs and appliances etc. You have the top like s23 ultra 8k Qled tvs ect. The build quality materials features and specs are very very different. And then you have the budget products and the mass lines. I review tech and what I have found is that there is definitely a big difference in the amount of time the top series last and get support with software ect. But the truth is anything can break at any time for many different reasons but companies go by percentage if the sell 100 million units of one item and 95 million work great but 5 million break we are more likely to hear about the ones that broke and not the ones still working. But I can definitely say Samsung S23Ultra is the best phone they have ever made by a massive margin. Samsung 8k qled tvs and QD-OLED tvs are outstanding along with the top end Bespoke Appliances. I have reviewed different brands for many years Samsung products included and they have definitely upgraded their products significantly from even 5 years ago so I like what I'm seeing. But all brands can and will always have products to fail unfortunately but every product on the market can have issues.