JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to remove floating keyboard?

(Topic created: 03-10-2023 04:37 PM)
nlyrogers
Astronaut
Options
Note20

This new floating keyboard compliments of the new upgrade totally sucks it needs to go back to the stationary at the bottom of the screen 😡😡😡

12 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@nlyrogers Try this:

1. Open phone settings
  2. Click on General management
  3. Click on Samsung Keyboard settings
  4. Click on Mode
  5. Select Standard keyboard instead of Floating keyboard for both Portrait and Landscape.

If these steps do not restore the static keyboard, then try clearing the app cache for the keyboard. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/  You will need to select to Show System/Samsung apps under Settings>Apps.

The next step would be to clear the cache partition and repair apps under the recovery menu.

To get to recovery mode: 
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously 
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET) 
- Use power button to select.
- Run the repair apps option and your device will restart. 
The last step to try would be backing up all of your data and factory resetting the phone. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/ 

nlyrogers
Astronaut
Options
Note20
It is on standard
user21PeB69JQr
Asteroid
Options
Note20
If you use your finger to open to type, the standard keyboard comes up. You can then use the regular keyboard. After that use your pen.
Ladyrltr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I have tried everything including this and mine is on standard but I hv a stupid floating keyboard
user21PeB69JQr
Asteroid
Options
Note20
That doesn't work. It's on standard mode.
Ladyrltr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
-I totally agree about the stupid floating keyboard 😡 I've tried all the settings and nothing restores it to fixed keyboard instead of floating and I HATE this floating board.
userJfrRxfSve9
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I switched to Gboard to save my sanity till they fix this
FCLSr
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I agree it sucks and I can't remove it even when I change setting on Samsung keyboard
Aerohead59
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Mine started doing the same thing after an update. I have noticed if I touch the pane to type in with my finger the floating keyboard does not pop up then I can use my S-Pen to type with.