JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Google voice assistant

(Topic created: 02-25-2023 09:10 AM)
useraQ5CHxlJ2F
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Is anyone else having trouble with Google voice assistant? I try to talk to it but it doesn't wake up, won't open

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, We understand how frustrating it is when the Google Assistant doesn't respond to the wake-up keywords. Here is an article from Google on some steps that fix the app. https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/7283669?hl=en#:~:text=If%20your%20Google%20Assistant%20d...

If Google Assistant will still not respond, we recommend reaching out to Google for assistance with their app.

View solution in context

8 Replies
GalaxyIs4Real
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Sometimes it won't recognize my voice at all or takes too long to open that i have to close and try again. I feel its a power optimizing issue
Ed1954
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I just discovered.. after trying every solution to get my google voice assistant to work.....that the Samsung S23 ultra has TWO microphones. I checked and sure enough...the bottom microphone was 100% covered up by the case frame. I removed the case and BINGO....GOOGLE ASSISTANT WORKS FINE...The case I bought on Amazon was the " Temdan for Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Case Waterproof,Built-in Lens & Screen Protector [Real 360] Full-Body Heavy Duty Shockproof Case for Galaxy S23 Ultra 5.
Hope this helps others.

Edward Burnett
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
Go to the Google app, tap on your account, go to settings, assistant, Hey Google and voice match, toggle on Hey Google. You might have to set up voice match initially!
useraQ5CHxlJ2F
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Tried many times, also uninstalled the app and it works a for a few hours then it stops again withouy warning
Dexter
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Big problem with Google Assistant. Doesn't wake up and have done self troubleshooting. Samsung Technician's can't fix it either.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, We understand how frustrating it is when the Google Assistant doesn't respond to the wake-up keywords. Here is an article from Google on some steps that fix the app. https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/7283669?hl=en#:~:text=If%20your%20Google%20Assistant%20d...

If Google Assistant will still not respond, we recommend reaching out to Google for assistance with their app.

Ellin
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
And I have the opposite, it's constantly opening up when I'm not talking to, and many times out of no where, it opens and says "yes"
sonyabonya
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I have the same problem