JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Charging phone with super fast charger okay or not for my battery?

(Topic created: 03-03-2024 10:06 AM)
Ron74
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have a Galaxy A54 and I use a Super fast charger is it ok to use that and will it damage my battery in any way. Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@Ron74 Yes it will be fine to use. The phone and charger handshake and the phone will only draw the power it can use. 

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@Ron74 Yes it will be fine to use. The phone and charger handshake and the phone will only draw the power it can use. 

Jeppa40
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have a Galaxy A53 and super fast charging works great with my phone. So I would say use it. Good Luck
Ray_Ginald
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Hello @Ron74, not really, at least not in the way it's thought it would. You can use it with little to no damage at all to your phone's battery health, although it's not always necessary unless you don't have the time to wait for a normal charge speed, as your phone is smart enough to know when to draw however much power it needs at any particular charging phase depending on battery level, which means that at that time a 45W charger will make little to no difference from a 25W one. The only thing is do not leave it plugged in for a very long time after it's fully charged, at least not always, as this is the real scenario that'll pose a problem to battery health.