JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How can I cast my Galaxy Samsung A51 to a Philips Smart TV?

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
deemills
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Would like to know how to screen cast my phone to a philips smart tv for netflix

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
deemills
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I've got it taken care of now thank you so much for your help. Have a wonderful day!

View solution in context

4 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

You should see a quick toggle in your drop down menu. 

Samsung Smart View is primarily designed to work with Samsung smart TVs, but it may work with other brands that support the Miracast standard, such as LG, Sharp, Philips, and Sony. However, it may not work with other devices, such as Amazon Fire Sticks.  You would need a Google chromecast to do this function 

https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/mobile-devices/how-to-mirror-from-your-samsung-smartphone-to-...

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
deemills
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I have tried Google Chrome cast and smart view neither work.
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

are your tv and phone on the same wi-fi network?  The same wi-fi band (2.4 Ghz or 5 Ghz)?  If your wi-fi router is capable of both bands, most providers combine them into one network and let the device choose which one to use.  If the TV uses 2.4 & the mobile is using 5, they won't see each other.  You might have to go into your router settings and make 2 different networks with different network names.  Then both devices would have to be on the same network to cast.  Does your phone see the TV at all when you go into smart view?

0 Likes
Solution
deemills
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I've got it taken care of now thank you so much for your help. Have a wonderful day!