JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is it normal for a Galaxy A12 with a cracked screen sound stays on when the screen is off?

(Topic created: 08-16-2023 08:32 PM)
charlottedell11
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Is it normal when you Crack the screen of a Samsung galaxy A12 the screen turns off the the sound will stay on until you press the side key 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
That could have definitely caused some internal damage as well, so the sound you're hearing might be a result of the fall itself, rather than having to do with the screen; the same thing goes for the bug about the side key "fixing" the sound. I highly recommend taking your phone to a Samsung authorized service center, like uBreakiFix or Geeksquad, to further evaluate and give you an estimate on your repair.

View solution in context

11 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
How was the screen cracked?
charlottedell11
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Spider webbed across the top of the screen
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Ah I see. 😥 And how did this occur? Was it because of a drop?
charlottedell11
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Yah I dropped it on concrete
0 Likes
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
That could have definitely caused some internal damage as well, so the sound you're hearing might be a result of the fall itself, rather than having to do with the screen; the same thing goes for the bug about the side key "fixing" the sound. I highly recommend taking your phone to a Samsung authorized service center, like uBreakiFix or Geeksquad, to further evaluate and give you an estimate on your repair.
charlottedell11
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Well the sound is if I'm watching a video when it does that the video sound will stay on
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It might be a combination of software and hardware factors. It's really hard to diagnose something like this online. Suffice it to say, I would have your phone serviced as soon as possible.
charlottedell11
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Yah that or just get a whole new one in stead
VerbumVeritum
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Very true! If you're interested in upgrading, the S23 line is very nice. I just got an S23+ for my mom.