Original topic:

Quicks Share Concerns Galaxy A03s

(Topic created: 04-01-2024 10:06 AM)
Members_3ekeMd2
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I'm working with a remodeling contractor in another state. We often send handmade sketches (draw it, take a picture, send it), product links, and instructions. Today, I became aware that the Quick Share links expire. We MUST have a record of what was said and when. Something I send today may not be used until a month from now.  I've been through other posts here and don't understand "nearby share", why we are concerned about the type of phone,  etc. I want this to go away. I have no idea how it started in the first place. My loathing for cell phones has increased exponentially in the last two hours. Galaxy A03s

5 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It's a temporary file transfer, not a permanent file hosting solution. You would be better off using a shared Google drive or onedrive if you need shared files to be permanently available.
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Nearby share is the equivalent of airdrop

The quick share you are using is typically for large files

And like tipsy said it's a temporary send, using that as a means of documentation is a terrible idea.
0 Likes
Members_3ekeMd2
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I'm not sending videos normally, just JPEGs. I don't want them to have a time limit on them. As I said, what I send today may not be implemented until a month from now. He needs to be able to go back and look at the jpeg of the sketch. We're not using this as legal documentation, we just need it to be there - not expired. The phone is sending them as Quickshare without any input from me.

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
And the people above are giving you a solution by suggesting you use a shared Google drive.
0 Likes
thankyouobiwon
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
macOS can remotely control this without notice on your screen. You cannot turn this off. Even when it's disabled. I don't know why you would not use Microsoft Azure One Drive it's the safest thing to use and you can setup authenticator to login with biometric only no password. Thank you come again
0 Likes