JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

After update Galaxy A54 mic problems

(Topic created: 01-06-2024 03:49 AM)
miguel khoury
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

After One UI 6 update Galaxy A54 mic sometimes work and sometimes don't.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello all, thank you for reaching out, and I understand how frustrating it is when the mic of the phone is not working. This article is for troubleshooting this exact behavior: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001249

Please follow each section step-by-step for the best possible resolution.

Once the troubleshooting is complete, if the mic is still not working then it is recommended to have the phone evaluated by a certified technician. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location  or by contacting contact customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For service outside of the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html 

View solution in context

18 Replies
Kikk3
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

same. italian samsung comunity expert said that's a known bug and they are working on a fix. Who knows when the update will be released. I hope soon because this is frustrating

Kikk3
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

can you confirm please? @Samsung_Moderator 

robynLikesTrees
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I think I am having the same issue. If this is indeed the same issue, the weird thing is that so far this is "only" affecting Signal voice messages - however it makes it so more than half of my outgoing Signal voice messages are completely silent/empty. This is very frustrating since that's the main way I connect with several family members

Sometimes I will record a "test" voice message to make sure it works, but then I record the real message a couple seconds later and it will be completely empty. This is happening multiple times a day

Balader
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Im having the same issue since last 2 updates it started for me after the update and sometimes my mic doesnt work when sending audio msgs it is blank but sometimes it works it is really annoying i have to repeat same things because of this this is my first samsung experience and it is ruined by this simple bug

LeoWyatt89
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I would recommend clearing the cache partition after any big update, and then try power cycling the device to see if it clears it up. 

steps for wiping cache partition: 

Hold the Power and Volume up button. When Samsung appears, release only the Power button. When the blue screen appears, also release the Volume Up button. On the following screen there will be many items: moved with the volume key up or down to select "wipe cache partition"

0 Likes
userCr2PRcXxua
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have the same problem. Not all but some of my vocal messages are sent empty on whatsapp and faecbook. 

MohanadKhalaifa
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have the same problem when recording voice notes on WhatsApp and Telegram, empty messages.

Hopefully, the next update will fix it.

Fsayegh
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Same issue here, both using Whatsapp and Facebook messanger. Not other use cases of the microphone seem to have any issues, only sending voice messages.

robynLikesTrees
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

For me it started with Signal messages, then it was ok for a week, and now it is Signal and Telegram. This is SUPER frustrating, sending VM's is one of the main functions I need to reliably work on my phone, and my A54 is the first phone that can't deliver on that.

0 Likes