JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is an IR Extender Cable and Sensor Supported on Q60CD TV?

(Topic created: 04-29-2024 02:31 PM)
HostDad94
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I put a thin wooden frame around my wall mounted 65" TV.  Now the infrared sensor is covered.  The sensor picks up signals if I am really close to the TV but not when I am in my recliner at a reasonable distance away.  I would like to attach an IR extender cable to place a sensor in an unobstructed place.  Is there an input for such an IR extender cable?  If not, do you have any suggestions?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
You should be able to get one with a usb that will plug into your tv to help

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
You should be able to get one with a usb that will plug into your tv to help

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

HostDad94
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have two USB inputs on the back of my TV.  Will the TV automatically recognize that it is an IR extender/sensor and thus it does not matter which input spot I use?

0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
It shouldn't matter which usb port you plug it in. It should recognize the device and start working

HostDad94
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I will try that solution.  So far, I have not found an IR extender cable with a USB connector - they most seem to be a round plug.  But I will keep looking.  Thanks! As soon as I find one and connect it I will (hopefully) mark this as solution accepted.  

0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
You can get something like this it can plug into a power brick and then place one sensor where your remote can reach and the other end at the tv and it will receive and transmit the signal
https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Infrared-Remote-Extender/dp/B018EZG9G6

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Why can't you just take a tool and make a cutout in the frame that doesn't obstruct the sensor?

0 Likes
HostDad94
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Wife might not be too thrilled with the cutout/notch but that would most likely work just fine. Probably will try the initial suggestion.   

0 Likes