JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

solar remote BN59-01385A issues won't pair

(Topic created: 10-23-2023 08:20 PM)
computeruser88
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Like other posts I'm seeing, I'm having issues with the solar remote for my Samsung QLED 60B TV which is not even 2 years old.  Model code QN60Q60BDFXZA. 

I have done everything found in troubleshooting suggestions both through Samsung support and community posts - turn off TV with remote, turned off TV with control buttons on set, hold down power to reboot, confirmed I can see infrared emitting from remote (as seen through cell phone screen), unplugged, used Back+Play, used Back+Volume Up, checked and version is updated, make sure I'm 2-5 feet and pointing at correct spot, etc.

The remote will turn the TV on and off but will not pair.  I can't get remote to reset either. The light  blinks that it's trying and message displays Not Available.  The TV connects Bluetooth to the Samsung Smart Things app so troubleshooting info confirms that means it's the remote.  I've had 2 replacement remotes with the same issue.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with your remote not working as a universal remote. The information in the link below should be most helpful in solving this issue. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202543/

If this does not help then you may need to check your connections on your TV, or if you have changed anything you may want to change it back to see if this still occurs. If none of that helps then you may need a new remote. And can purchase one from our part's website samsungparts.com.

View solution in context

3 Replies
lauramkss
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Why can't I change channels anymore with this remote?  I can access streaming apps but if I'm on Xfinity, I cannot change channels.  Is there a way to reboot this device?

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with your remote not working as a universal remote. The information in the link below should be most helpful in solving this issue. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202543/

If this does not help then you may need to check your connections on your TV, or if you have changed anything you may want to change it back to see if this still occurs. If none of that helps then you may need a new remote. And can purchase one from our part's website samsungparts.com.

lauramkss
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

My remote was working with everything except Xfinity.  Pushed Xfinity App and got the black screen of death after a series of getting on Xfinity and not being able to change channels or go to the channel guide.  We called Geek Squad and they had me unplug the X1 box for 30 seconds and reboot.  That did nothing so he had us push the reset button in the back. The modem light blinked blue a few times and everything worked with the remote to sync with Xfinity so wanted to share that here.