JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S8 - Samsung Notes - No Writing Sound after Latest Update ONE UI 5.0 Android 13

(Topic created: 12-02-2022 07:33 PM)
Members_4phwzls
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

This software issue is very annoying and only happened recently after the latest update a few days ago to Android 13 ONE UI 5.0. My Previous software version was - 4.4.00.64. I made sure I updated everything, cleared cache of device, app, toggled S-Pen settings, verified the writing sound worked in every other mode like for instance the Samsung Keyboard Text-to-Input you can hear the scribble. Well, I use my Samsung notes multiple times per day, and this has negatively impacted my writing experience.

Fast-forward to today, I receive a new update notification on my S22 Ultra prompting me to check my Tab S8 hoping they resolved the issue. The new software version is 4.4.01.2 – and there is still no sound within Samsung Notes when writing with the S-Pen. Funny, the sound works just fine on my S22 Ultra – so why does the sound not work on my tablet, and they are using the same software?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Members_4phwzls
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Latest update to security patch for December 2022 X700OXM3BVL2 brought the sound back

View solution in context

0 Likes
16 Replies
Options
Tablets
Make sure the Do Not Disturb (DND) is off.
If persists go to the s pen settings and turn on the sounds option in more s pen settings.
If persists maybe the systems sounds have been turned off in the sound settings.
0 Likes
kevinmirsky
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I am experiencing the same issue on my Tab S8+. Writing in Samsung Notes or Pen UP results in no sounds. Writing in text fields or Samsung keyboard makes sound. I also see normal behavior on my S21 Ultra.
YNWmelly
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I have the same issue it is so

annoying !

0 Likes
Members_4phwzls
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Where is SAMSUNG with the RESOLUTION - smh - this is such an ODD error to miss - and even stranger how the same app version only impacts the TABLET and not the PHONE AND - the sound works everywhere else BUT here. - MY writing has been negatively impacted as a result. Who knew how important the sound was. 

0 Likes
RoyalMuffin
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

My DND is off system sound is on and the device is not on vibrate. I also have no writing sounds on Android 13 ONE UI 5.0

gaspro1
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

i have the same issue on my S8 ultra device 

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Me as well.  Everyone should submit an error report,. 

Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Prabhjee_Singh
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I was having the same issue tried multiple things but this worked.

S1- Go to Settings-> Apps-> Samsung Notes

S2- Click on 3 dots in the top right corner

S3- Click on uninstall updates.

Cheers!

0 Likes
Members_4phwzls
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

All this did was uninstall the updates - erased my notes - created a new one - sound was back while writing in the app - however, my notes did not restore  - and a perpetual "update to continue using" pop-up continued - so I had to update it again - my notes returned - LOST my favorite pens -  had to recreate them -

Oh and no sound again. Samsung needs to get it together  and make restoring and syncing more seamless to avoid losing data. 

0 Likes