JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S8 - Samsung Notes - No Writing Sound after Latest Update ONE UI 5.0 Android 13

(Topic created: 12-04-2022 09:06 AM)
Members_4phwzls
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

This software issue is very annoying and only happened recently after the latest update a few days ago to Android 13 ONE UI 5.0. My Previous software version was - 4.4.00.64. I made sure I updated everything, cleared cache of device, app, toggled S-Pen settings, verified the writing sound worked in every other mode like for instance the Samsung Keyboard Text-to-Input you can hear the scribble. Well, I use my Samsung notes multiple times per day, and this has negatively impacted my writing experience.

Fast-forward to today, I receive a new update notification on my S22 Ultra prompting me to check my Tab S8 hoping they resolved the issue. The new software version is 4.4.01.2 – and there is still no sound within Samsung Notes when writing with the S-Pen. Funny, the sound works just fine on my S22 Ultra – so why does the sound not work on my tablet, and they are using the same software?

16 Replies
Options
Tablets
Make sure the Do Not Disturb (DND) is off.
If persists go to the s pen settings and turn on the sounds option in more s pen settings.
If persists maybe the systems sounds have been turned off in the sound settings.
0 Likes
kevinmirsky
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I am experiencing the same issue on my Tab S8+. Writing in Samsung Notes or Pen UP results in no sounds. Writing in text fields or Samsung keyboard makes sound. I also see normal behavior on my S21 Ultra.
YNWmelly
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I have the same issue it is so

annoying !

0 Likes
Members_4phwzls
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Where is SAMSUNG with the RESOLUTION - smh - this is such an ODD error to miss - and even stranger how the same app version only impacts the TABLET and not the PHONE AND - the sound works everywhere else BUT here. - MY writing has been negatively impacted as a result. Who knew how important the sound was. 

0 Likes
RoyalMuffin
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

My DND is off system sound is on and the device is not on vibrate. I also have no writing sounds on Android 13 ONE UI 5.0

gaspro1
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

i have the same issue on my S8 ultra device 

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Me as well.  Everyone should submit an error report,. 

Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Prabhjee_Singh
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I was having the same issue tried multiple things but this worked.

S1- Go to Settings-> Apps-> Samsung Notes

S2- Click on 3 dots in the top right corner

S3- Click on uninstall updates.

Cheers!

0 Likes
Members_4phwzls
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

All this did was uninstall the updates - erased my notes - created a new one - sound was back while writing in the app - however, my notes did not restore  - and a perpetual "update to continue using" pop-up continued - so I had to update it again - my notes returned - LOST my favorite pens -  had to recreate them -

Oh and no sound again. Samsung needs to get it together  and make restoring and syncing more seamless to avoid losing data. 

0 Likes