JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Lost all but 6 Contacts and contact will not sync from Gmail

(Topic created: 08-04-2023 02:42 PM)
userfE4L01uiLX
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Out of nowhere, I only have 6 contacts in my contacts list. Normally I have about 300 or so. Can anyone help? I have the s23 ultra(unlocked). I checked my other androids and my contacts are there. I try to sync my Gmail with the s23 but contacts don't come back.. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userfE4L01uiLX
Asteroid
Options
Idk but it was scary..I thought I lost 300+ contacts..I went in one of my other phones, created a vcf file of the correct contacts and emailed it to myself. Went in the s23 and downloaded the vcf file and slowly, the contacts slowly synced and viola, all set..

View solution in context

7 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@userfE4L01uiLX Are all of your accounts toggled on to sync within the Contacts app? 

0 Likes
userfE4L01uiLX
Asteroid
Options
I figured something out. Thanks though
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options

@userfE4L01uiLX What was the problem?

0 Likes
Solution
userfE4L01uiLX
Asteroid
Options
Idk but it was scary..I thought I lost 300+ contacts..I went in one of my other phones, created a vcf file of the correct contacts and emailed it to myself. Went in the s23 and downloaded the vcf file and slowly, the contacts slowly synced and viola, all set..
VerbumVeritum
Options

@userfE4L01uiLX Awesome! Glad you figured out a workaround. I hate that you lost all your contacts randomly though. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

The_Chief
Comet
Options
This is why I moved all my contacts from Samsung Contacts to Google Contacts. I need to KNOW that information is available no matter what phone I get.
userfE4L01uiLX
Asteroid
Options
Interesting thing is, I've Always had my contacts synced with Google. Went to my Google contacts And saw only 6 contacts. After finding a workaround, all is well..Ty