Hello everyone, We understand that after updating to One UI 6.0 several members are unable to use the Phone app on multiple phone models.
Several members have posted troubleshooting steps that have helped. These steps include:
1. Clear the app cache and data. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/
2. Clear the cache partition and repair apps in the recovery menu.
To get to recovery mode:
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET)
- Use power button to select.
- Run the repair apps option and your device will restart.
3. Reset Settings. Settings>General Management>Reset>Reset all settings. (This does not delete your data, but will remove your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections.)
4. Back up the phone and perform a factory reset. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/
5. AT&T members have also reported replacing the SIM card has corrected the matter. For any AT&T S22 users experiencing these symptoms, please know we are aware of the symptoms you are experiencing and have been reviewing your error reports. We have already started working on a software patch. In the meantime, please also give these steps a try:
- Back up the secure folder
- Uninstall the secure folder
- Select Delete all my data in the dual messenger: Settings > advanced features > dual messenger > three dots in the top right corner > delete all my data
6. Download the Google Phone app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.dialer You will need to set the app as the default app. https://www.samsung.com/my/support/mobile-devices/how-to-clear-and-change-default-apps-on-android/
If the troubleshooting steps have not helped, we recommend taking the phone to a local authorized service location: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location
For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html
After the update that released today when I go to place a phone call I get these error messages
The keypad menu does not appear where you have the option of "Speaker", "Mute" "Keypad" etc. My phone screen flashes black like the Phone app has now become unstable.