Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

@userWL7dCkW446 

You can disable it by 

1. Long pressing on a blank spot on the home screen until the row of icons appear at the bottom of the screen.
  2. Swipe right until you see the Samsung Free screen
  3. Slide the switch at the top to the left to turn it off. 

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@userWL7dCkW446 

You can disable it by 

1. Long pressing on a blank spot on the home screen until the row of icons appear at the bottom of the screen.
  2. Swipe right until you see the Samsung Free screen
  3. Slide the switch at the top to the left to turn it off. 
user2Jw9tjHuwG
Astronaut
Options

Just had a new update installed on January 26 2021 and Samsung Free was activated.  Within 1 day this app (without me knowing that it was activated) ate up 8 gig of data within hours!  Now about $230.00 worth of overage charges, I was able to trace the usage and force it off and shut it down.  I wish there was a way to back charging Samsung for this this rogue app devouring data.  Quickest way to shut it down, press and hold on an open area on your home screen and look at all widgets & apps. Scroll across and you'll see this full screen widget (Samsung Free) turn it off!

useruod0kP822D
Astronaut
Options

I had the same issue. It has used all of my data for the month in a couple of days. I actually had a video playing which I could hear, but there were absolutely NO apps open on my phone! When I finally found the FREE app, it clearly states on the first screen that I had not "accepted" the term of their agreement.  I also would like a refund from Samsung for the data usage! 

userd2YBUN7Cf6
Constellation
Options
Same issue for me. We are on wifi all the time so now we're over our data usage. I went from 25% data available to 10% while I was in a grocery store. Thanks Samsung for charging me a $15 overage.
userS7V77iXAs3
Astronaut
Options

We are on a limited data plan and Samsung Free burned all of our data within an hour or two. Our data was turned on briefly to look up something and this app used the rest of our data in the background while it did nothing of any beneficial value. It is hard to imagine how it is legal for apps like this to use data and update without permission. People work hard for the money that they spend on data and it is a shame that it gets wasted on useless apps such a this one. There seems to be no compensation path as well for this issue. We are now in a position where we cannot use our phones off wifi.

userdFuCA4SYIZ
Constellation
Options

Samsung Free used 8.46 GB of data today while I was driving. That amounted to 5 GB of overage from Verizon. I have not consented to the terms nor have I ever used the app.