Original topic:

Samsung wallet feature request to be able to swipe up for quick access

(Topic created: 10-27-2022 12:59 PM)
duhdonutman
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I think Samsung needs to make the quick access (swipe up) for Samsung pay credit cards relocatable.  I should be able to choose to swipe up from the sides of the screen. Making the only option from the bottom tells me the feature was not fully vetted with Samsung phones.  If you have gestures turned on, the swipe up home button is often in the middle.  This is fine when you're on the home screen, but if you're on a different screen (I have 5) it's so frustrating to have your credit card show up instead of being able to quickly return to your fine screen. 

8 Replies
ALA100000
Astronaut
Options
Mines to use freely thinigs will go better quickly for everyone
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@duhdonutman The quick access for the Wallet is designed to only appears in 3 instances (all you can disable/enable):

• Lock screen
  • Home screen
  • Screen off

These settings are available in Wallet -> Menu -> Gear icon -> Quick access

Can you post a screenshot of the quick access showing up on a non-home page?

0 Likes
duhdonutman
Asteroid
Options
I understand how it is currently designed. I'm posting this as a needed improvement or future enhancement to the app.
LongHiker
Options

@duhdonutman So for clarification, you aren't seeing this issue you mentioned? -> "but if you're on a different screen (I have 5) it's so frustrating to have your credit card show up instead of being able to quickly return to your fine screen."

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options

@duhdonutman FYI,

• You can create a Bixby routine triggered by double tap of the side key to open an app (like Samsung Wallet).
  • On the Fold you can set a gesture on the Fingerprint sensor to open Samsung Pay. 

0 Likes
duhdonutman
Asteroid
Options
Thanks. Please just take my comment for what it is. It's a suggestion of something that could be added to the app to improve it. There are numerous reasons why people are switching from Samsung wallet to Google pay. This is mine. I do experience the issue. I know how to implement a work around but it's not the experience that's optimal. My comment is simply feedback and something I'd like to see given to your developers for to put on the road map for future enhancements
0 Likes
Options
I have mine set to Screen off activation only.
Although I've never had a problem with unintentional activation, I saw this headache coming when I first set it up.

I agree its silly to have the trigger be the same place as your home gesture. ideally you should have the option to chose a corner, one for Google Assistant, and one for SS-Pay.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.