Original topic:

The ability to check vitals in Samsung Health by using the phone itself

(Topic created: 04-18-2022 01:04 PM)
NebelungPixie
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

To whomever at Samsung monitors these boards:

PLEASE update the Samsung Health app and add back the ability to check vitals by using just the phone itself.

3 - 3.5 years ago, my S10+ LITERALLY saved my life TWICE by allowing me to check my Heart Rate and O2 levels with my phone.  1st time, I was having a VERY silent heart attack. Husband got mevto the hospital faster than we could wait on an ambulance.  2nd time, I was almost in septic shock from a severe kidney infection and no symptoms other than BP/HR.  Ambulance ride.  (Hubby was at work.)

I cannot always wear my Active watch because I bruise easily.  But, I can use my phone as often as needed.

Please consider adding this back ASAP.

4 Replies
Options
Agreed there's a number of features that are useful and they take them out. I also used to love the heart rate sensors on my s10 then it got taken away. Bought new phone wasn't there. So I just bought their watch 4 which is surprisingly good and best of all is waterproof. Very again very inconvenient to take essential features from phones.
OSP-BlackKnight
Astronaut
Options
There is a heart rate monitor app that is extremely good that uses your flashlight and the camera on your phone to register your heart rate. Screenshot_20220416-081113_Google Play Store_4780_1650121873.png
0 Likes
betancd
Comet
Options
Kind of interesting but if you use Google Fit app you can take a pulse reading just with your finger, the camera and the device flashlight. It's not as advanced as the dedicated HR monitor that used to be on samsung phones but still neat
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.