JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why did you remove the TV Audio to Phone feature on Smart Things?

(Topic created: 09-08-2023 08:34 PM)
Cmmc522
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Prior to the recent SmartThings update, TV audio could be played on the phone via SmartThings (which was great for being able to watch TV without disturbing others). After the update, this was removed. Are you guys going to fix this, apply it back, or provide an alternative to this function?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
airwaves1
Astronaut
Options

Same problem here. Samsung, !? Bring back the audio option!  I've bought your  tv for this option. I.m using my phone with headphones at night when watching movies. Why the heck you removed this option!?

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes
nemy16santos
Astronaut
Options
It's been 4 weeks since the newest update of Smart Things arrived and the feature of TV audio to phone is gone. I used this feature all the time. That was the only reason why I use the Smart Things app. Now, I cannot listen to my TV thru my phone using my wired headphones. I love this feature since when I cook, I cannot listen to the TV speakers or if I need to get something from another room, I can continue listening like normal. 
I don't want to buy Bluetooth headphones just for my TV, since this feature was completely free!!! I have not watched my TV shows on my TV since this update showed up!