Original topic:

International Tablet in the US

(Topic created: 04-03-2024 11:40 PM)
Options
Tablets

I bought a Samsung s9 tablet international version and I didn't know what that meant when I bought it at the time till I received it and saw I can't select my location in the US it only let's me select overseas locations like Australia, New Zealand, Philippines etc. Is it ok to keep it to use since I live in the US and will be using it on wifi for online games like pokémon go etc? Thanks

3 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Unfortunately you will not be able to get Samsung USA support for that tablet. you can post here and the users may respond but Samsung will point you to the support region for your device.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
realaud
Supernova
Options
Tablets

Where did you buy it and when?  If you bought it from Amazon, and you are still in the return period, you should be able to return it and purchase the correct one.  You will be able to use the phone but, as stated above, you will not be able to receive U.S. tech support for it and/or download or use any apps that are region specific, including streaming.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Hello there and thanks for reaching out. Support for US products is the focus of this forum. As your device is a non-US model information is severely limited. We kindly suggest that you use this link to look for a support team in the area your product was manufactured in: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocation.html

Additionally, if you scroll to the bottom of the page on the website for your region, you might discover that your nation provides its very own support forums, just like this one! Just look for the Community Option.

0 Likes