JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No Messages App

(Topic created: 08-03-2023 03:54 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

A have a Galaxy A 8 Tablet. There is no Messages app on the Home Screen. Also, I can't find the Messages app in Settings. What can I do?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@Anonymous I think the default is Google Messages now. I couldn't find the official Samsung Messages app either on the Galaxy App Store, but you can always download the APK for it and install. 

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/samsung-messages/

View solution in context

6 Replies
Sun
Options
Tablets
Download it from the Galaxy store or the play store?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

Thank you very much for your reply. I downloaded the app from the Galaxy Store but it does not work like the messages app on my Samsung Phone. Even the icon looks different. I uninstalled it again. I don't understand, why my tablet came without this app. I wonder if it would help to reset the tablet to factory condition but I would hate to do this.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

Thank you for your message. After uninstalling the Google Messages App, I reinstalled it again. I didn't know which of the Messages Apps were Samsung Apps.

I still wonder why my Galaxy A8 Tablet did not come with a Messages App. In general, I am much happier with my Galaxy Phone than with my Galaxy Tablet.

0 Likes
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Tablets

@Anonymous I think the default is Google Messages now. I couldn't find the official Samsung Messages app either on the Galaxy App Store, but you can always download the APK for it and install. 

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/samsung-messages/

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

Thank you very much for the information.

VerbumVeritum
Options
Tablets

@Anonymous Glad I could help! 😁

0 Likes