Can Someone Explain?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Prior to a couple of years ago, the agreement between Google and Qualcomm was 2 years of support and of course, there is a negotiated cost for that. 

Then a couple of years ago we read the press release that Google and Qualcomm had come to an agreement for 4 years of update and the chatter was whether or not Samsung would sign on to that.  Of course they did and that's where we are today. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

7 Replies
bill-e
Options
Tablets

At the time that those tablets were released they were to have two major OS updates which they received.  It's no different than any other Android product.  If you buy a new Samsung device now, the support agreement can be up to 4 major releases depending on device. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
If they are released prior to last year they aren't eligible
The 22 line
The 21 and 20 line for phones
There is a whole list
0 Likes
Cmon1
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Firstly,

Thank you for your response. Secondly, why not give the new software update to the more powerful device with more RAM, CPU Power, & Better Screen?
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Options
Tablets

Prior to a couple of years ago, the agreement between Google and Qualcomm was 2 years of support and of course, there is a negotiated cost for that. 

Then a couple of years ago we read the press release that Google and Qualcomm had come to an agreement for 4 years of update and the chatter was whether or not Samsung would sign on to that.  Of course they did and that's where we are today. 

Bill
---
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@Cmon1 The name does make it confusing. But the year that device was introduced and, when Samsung made the decision to support for more updates, dictates if it will receive 5.1.

• Tab S6 4G was introduced in August 2019
  • Tab S6 5G was introduced in January 2020 
  • Tab S6 Lite 4G was introduced in May 2020
  • Tab S6 Lite 5G was introduced in May 2022

ocasaenva
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Anybody else experiencing this? I had all my photos in different albums, work, family, dogs, etc.. but i opened up my gallery today and noticed some albums missing, and a new album called "Recent" with over 6k photos.

Upon further inspection, i noticed that the albuma that were not deleted are missing hundreds of photos. Everything was backed up to the SD card, but now only a few albums are.

I don't think any photos were deleted, at least none that I've noticed, but a few albums have been, and all time I've spent organizing https://omegle.onl/ these folders has been wasted. Guess i gotta start over

Please tell me I'm not the only one.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@ocasaenva Try this:

1. Open Gallery
  2. Click on Albums along the bottom
  3. Click on the 3 dot menu toward upper right.
  4. Click on Select albums to show.
  5. Enable all the albums that you want to see
0 Likes