JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Text and call feature on Tab S7 FE from Verizon

(Topic created: 12-30-2022 05:30 AM)
littlecloudgz
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Just got a 5G version tab s7 fe from Verizon, how can I make phone call and text through the tablet? I can't find call and text on other devices on the setting like the S8 plus does. 

Thank you! 
0 Likes
10 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Sorry to say but Verizon blocks phone calls on there tablet plans you would need to use your cell phone for calls unless you use google duo or Facebook messenger calls and for Text you can download Google Messages for Text messages since the tablet 5g is only for Data and not cell calls. 

If you open your contacts on your Tablet and select someone you will have the option to video call and message the contacts thats the only option that Verizon gives I just checked on my Dads Verizon tablet 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
littlecloudgz
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Thank you so much for the ideas!
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Tablets

Your welcome if you have any questions in the future feel free to ask 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
hellhathnofurry
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Busy on down loads, that seems to be a whole lot for just a tablet... why buy a tab if what you needed was a phone instead?? Just trying to understand why the need foe all the extra and calls as well but purchase a product not intended for it all..
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

Use the Verizon Message+ app which is the best on the market for call and text.  Works with phone on or off so as long as you have WiFi you can send a text or call.  As far as I know it is the only app that makes your tablet truly stand alone. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
littlecloudgz
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Thank you so much!
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

You're welcome.  I've been using it since 2014.  Works with Android or Apple. 

Once you set it up and connect it to your phone's tel number, you can even make another app as your default on your phone while still using Message+ on the other device (including PC)  I use Samsung Messages on my phone and Message+ on my tablets. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
userquYZ3aPeFn
Constellation
Options
Tablets
50 yrs old, SECOND menopause since surgical in 1990, bi polar, ocd, adhd, PTSD, and the simplest of possible excused...blind as a Mf**ing bat!!! I have AT&T and whenever it came out that I could set it up I just got started so I have no idea other than call or text from another device that I get all my messages on my tablet as long as I'm Bluetooth
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

Not quite sure what you're saying but AT&T Locked devices won't do call and text on other devices because AT&T has it's own offering for that. 

An unlocked device on the AT&T network should be able to do it though.... if that's what your saying. 

Bill
---