JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What to do?: Can't update Security Patch Level past December 1, 2022 (now 06/17/23)

(Topic created: 06-16-2023 09:28 PM)
Options
Tablets

Hey, new to the Android platform; apologies for the newbie question. I have a Tab A 8" 2019, and it's showing a Security Patch Level of December 1, 2022 (now 06/17/23). Android 11 updates are current. I can't seem to get the Security Patch level to become current despite requests via Settings. Internet connection and all are good (as Android 11 just incrementally updated fine).

Since requesting updates for the Security Patch show the unit is up-to-date, what else can I do? Is the unit's security locked down to that date, thereby leaving me a permanently and potentially increasingly vulnerable unit?

Your guidance is appreciated!

Craig

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

The  Tab A8 (2019) is still listed for Biannual updates so you should get at least one more update shortly. 

https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/samsung-galaxy-security-updates

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV

View solution in context

7 Replies
ernessch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
My S22+ phone is stuck on 10-22. Sent to Samsung who said the fixed it. Came back still on 10-22. Sent it back to the seller under warranty and requested a new phone.
0 Likes
Options
Tablets

Thanks for replying. Would be great to hear if you get an updated S22+. If you have a moment to post on the outcome, that would be great and appreciated! Good luck!

KrazyMex
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I know what u mean!! Mines not that far back.
0 Likes
RichardBernardHolden
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Seeing as you mentioned that you have a 2019 model of a Tab A8, samsung only gives their devices 4 years of security updates, so i believe that it probably already ended for that tablet of yours, and i have a very recent model of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 so I'm still getting updates every now and than, it just takes a long time for them to be released
Options
Tablets

Thanks for the quick reply RichardBernardHolden. I wasn't aware of the 4-year cutoff -- or the slowness of update of rollouts. (Will confess I'm used to the schedule of the ...forgive me... other non-Android platform whose name I will not speak of in this forum).

Again, much appreciated for the insight.

Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

The  Tab A8 (2019) is still listed for Biannual updates so you should get at least one more update shortly. 

https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/samsung-galaxy-security-updates

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
Options
Tablets

Thanks Bill-e. Had no idea releases were so limited after a short time. Have been spoiled by the apple model... sigh...

Again, much appreciated for taking the time.

Craig

0 Likes