Original topic:

why is my dryer making a loud scratching noise

(Topic created: 10-05-2021 05:49 AM)
user9kD8tfO3EZ
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi, 

We have a dryer, model# DV40J3000EW/A2.  Last night it was making a terrible scratching noise.  Turned it off. Tried again today, same thing.  I believe it is the drum rollers.  How can we be sure this is the problem and how many are their in this model?  What are the part numbers so we can make sure and get the correct ones for our dryer.  It is pretty sad that we have had this for a little over 2 years and the drum rollers have gone bad.  Our old dryer lasted over 12 years !

2 Replies
Whatsinth3box
Galaxy
Options
Washers and Dryers
Gonna ask a dumb question. So don't take it personally. Has something like a hair pin fallen between the roller and door?
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Washers and Dryers

I can definitely understand your concern here. Let's try to alleviate some of the stress by trying this link:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001985/

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

0 Likes