JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart Dryer Won't Connect to SmartThings

(Topic created: 08-02-2023 05:41 AM)
Getting_Along
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

The owner's manual for my new dryer says to connect it to the Samsung Smart washer dryer app. I followed the directions and it won't connect.

The dryer has the option for downloaded settings for the dryer. I can't get them if I can't connect.
I think it's ridiculous that I can't adjust the temperature when using some of the settings. The the care directions on my new bed cover and sheets say to use low heat, but I can't do that because the factory settings won't let me. I think I'm ready to return my Samsung dryer and buy an American brand. 
I'm annoyed enough that I might just go Apple the next time I need a cell phone

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Washers and Dryers
You download the extra features from the app I have a couple YouTube videos on the Samsung washers dryer ect on my YouTube channel and I go through Samsung SmartThings set up if you'd like help visually I'm not allowed to share a link but @JBTechfanatic is where you can find my video's on YouTubeScreenshot_20230802_092335_SmartThings.jpgScreenshot_20230802_092346_SmartThings.jpg

View solution in context

8 Replies
Ronsolo
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
Go to your SmartThings App on your Samsung device and tap on the Menu Tab, go to Supported Devices and select the dryer icon on the list of appliances, and look for your your dryer model # . Make sure both devices are linked to the same wifi and see if that works. Good luck.
0 Likes
Getting_Along
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
I can get it linked to Smart Things, but that doesn't allow me to download the additional options for my dryer
0 Likes
Ronsolo
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
In here.Screenshot_20230802_090400_SmartThings.jpgScreenshot_20230802_090507_SmartThings.jpg
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Washers and Dryers
Keep in mind you need the Samsung SmartThings app this is a extremely useful ecosystem that you will really enjoy once you learn it reboot your modem then reboot your router once they have fully turned back on you need your mobile device on the 2.4 GHz Network keep in mind you must be on a WPA2 security network wpa3 typically will not connect near your new Appliance with your cell phone on your 2.4 GHz Network you will now begin the setup process using Samsung SmartThings app selecting the appliance you will need to be right next to it follow the sequence in my screenshots don't forget to hold down the network button on the front of your dryer until the AP icon pops up on the screenScreenshot_20230802_085840_SmartThings.jpgScreenshot_20230802_085848_SmartThings.jpgScreenshot_20230802_085902_SmartThings.jpgScreenshot_20230802_085917_SmartThings.jpg
Getting_Along
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
I'm hooked up to the Smart Things app. But the owner's manual says I need I hook up to the Smart Washer/Dryer app in order to download additional features.
Smart Things does not give me the ability to download or change anything. All I can do is run the programs already factory installed.
0 Likes
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Washers and Dryers
You download the extra features from the app I have a couple YouTube videos on the Samsung washers dryer ect on my YouTube channel and I go through Samsung SmartThings set up if you'd like help visually I'm not allowed to share a link but @JBTechfanatic is where you can find my video's on YouTubeScreenshot_20230802_092335_SmartThings.jpgScreenshot_20230802_092346_SmartThings.jpg
Getting_Along
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
I'll check it out after work. Thanks!

You'd think Samsung would want to make their products more user friendly.
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Washers and Dryers
Honestly once you get it down you are going to love it when I first put a smart washer and dryer in my house my wife was so mad at me LOL but I'll tell you what she couldn't live without it now
0 Likes