cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userQNyUlC2ZVn
Astronaut

Samsung account login error 189

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Getting error 189 from samsung server when trying to login to samsung account. We are successfully connected to the internet. Went through the troubleshooting and everything passed inspection. We are trying to download an app but can't due to 189 error.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userALMN8LagNZ
Constellation

Re: Samsung account login error 189

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everyone, here the solution that I found by chance. As many here have expressed, this situation of ERROR 189 has been going on for several months and there are very few responses we receive. In general half answers without much solution.
Let's cut to the chase: I wanted to install HboGo app and like any other app that you want to install on your tv, you must sign in to your Samsung account to be able to perform the complete process.

So, after trying soooo many times (months...) I discovered that instead of select and signin in with my already account ID, the best other alternative was selecting the plus (+) button for "Add Account" on the right of my account button.

Go and try this way!

20190512_204537.jpgPress the Home button on your TV remote. Select Settings. Navigate to System. Select Samsung Account.20190512_204612.jpgSelect the Plus (+) button for "Add Account" on the right, Not the one with your "Samsung ID" on the left.20190512_204630.jpgOn the next screen select the first button on the left "Sign In"20190512_204719.jpgEnter you "Samsung ID" and "Password"

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you able to access your Samsung account on another device?

user5xRnrjIXlh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the same problem and yes i can login on other decices
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please provide the full model code and current software version of the television. 

user0O3A71bISc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model UN43MU6300

Software version 1262

I get error message 189 when trying to open my account details. I can’t restore subscription with HBO Now because it says it “can’t reach the Samsung server now.” 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the television located in the US and have its timezone for the correct area? 

userHqa0O7ubzM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there an update on this?

userALMN8LagNZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everyone, here the solution that I found by chance. As many here have expressed, this situation of ERROR 189 has been going on for several months and there are very few responses we receive. In general half answers without much solution.
Let's cut to the chase: I wanted to install HboGo app and like any other app that you want to install on your tv, you must sign in to your Samsung account to be able to perform the complete process.

So, after trying soooo many times (months...) I discovered that instead of select and signin in with my already account ID, the best other alternative was selecting the plus (+) button for "Add Account" on the right of my account button.

Go and try this way!

20190512_204537.jpgPress the Home button on your TV remote. Select Settings. Navigate to System. Select Samsung Account.20190512_204612.jpgSelect the Plus (+) button for "Add Account" on the right, Not the one with your "Samsung ID" on the left.20190512_204630.jpgOn the next screen select the first button on the left "Sign In"20190512_204719.jpgEnter you "Samsung ID" and "Password"

View solution in original post

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're glad that you found a resolution!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userNbWYOjW5YI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is what you consider an acceptable resolution?!