Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

120Hz Refresh Rate (battery drains)

(Topic created: 09-19-2021 08:10 PM)
Bertolo
Comet
Options
Discussions
I just noticed that the Adaptive 120Hz Refresh Rate function is not working. Refresh Rate stays on 120Hz all the time; maybe that explains why the battery is draining so fast. Go to Setting App, Developer Options and turn on Show Refresh Rate and you'll see.
0 Likes
11 Replies
JohanT98
Comet
Options
Discussions
Wow..... you're rightšŸ˜Ø. Tried posting a screenshot but of course Samsung Members won't let me. Let the bugs begin.
0 Likes
Bertolo
Comet
Options
Discussions
šŸ˜† I just set the Refresh Rate to 60Hz for now; maybe the 2nd update will fix the problem.
0 Likes
Rosekh
Comet
Options
Discussions
Most of the common issues can be solved by doing wipe cache partition. Have you done it yet? Also check the settings of battery under device care and make sure the settings is set to optimized and adaptive.
0 Likes
Bertolo
Comet
Options
Discussions
All the settings are OK. I tried the Wipe Cache Partition, Repair Apps, restarted the phone, but nothing. Thanks for the suggestions. I just set the Refresh Rate to 60hz for now until we got the 2nd update.
0 Likes
Rosekh
Comet
Options
Discussions
No worries might be a bug. And also have you tried using phone on safe mode and see if switches to adaptive refresh rate while going through apps?
0 Likes
entropium
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
to be honest, I have never seen the refresh rate drops, even before beta.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Mine is working but doesn't go any lower than 60Hz
0 Likes
MangoKiwi
Comet
Options
Discussions
REPORT THIS BUG PLEASE THIS **bleep**. Ok so it only kind of works for me. Constantly between 120hz and 60hz. No in between. Good catch! If screen stays still, it will eventually go to 60. But normally stays on 120.
0 Likes
Philosophics
Comet
Options
Discussions
I went to a few news articles and messages, along with typing this message. My refresh rate is dropping to 60hz after about 5 seconds of "static" image. Did it drop lower than that in OneUI 3?
0 Likes