Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Restarting

(Topic created: 09-28-2021 06:47 AM)
SpudMan9510
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Multiple times a day apps freezing. Phone locks up, with a soft reset. Hopefully the next beta update with fix issue 
9 Replies
bigbad614
Nebula
Options
Discussions
You are not alone.

Before someone tells you to.... Try going into recovery and clearing cache...

Likely won't work, but give it a try, as others claim it works.

Cheers!
0 Likes
SpudMan9510
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Already tried, but it didn't work. Thank you
denester
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
It seems to me like this problem is caused by one rogue app. you'll know which one it is if it continously says it's not responding and asks you to close it or wait. Go into the app's setting page and clear the cache and data and it solved the problem for me.
0 Likes
gooFWeaR
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
This is happening to me too. I have no idea what's causing it I did notice when it restarted today after it froze I had launched Spotify about 30 seconds prior to this happening
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Yea, mine is freezing / restarting 10-20 times a day, and at the most inopportune time.

Whenever it restarts, be sure to fire up the Members app, and it'll prompt you to send debug logs
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @SpudMan9510 ,

Please navigate to settings -> battery and device care -> Click on graph icon in top right- > "App Issue history"

This shows you all the apps that have crashed before. Please try clearing data and cache of these apps or uninstall them temporarily to see if this helps.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
SpudMan9510
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I will give that a try thank you
0 Likes
Options
Discussions

That dumb  feature doesn't report anything

0 Likes
usernqPEbrKhr8
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I also have noticed a few apps freezing my phone to the point of restarting just to get navigation back. I have found that if I open a different app through shortcuts or edge and rotate my screen the navigation comes right back.
0 Likes