cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S10 5G Does not vibrate for text messages

I have an S10 5G.  I want the phone to vibrate when I receive a call or text.  When I receive voice calls, the phone vibrates as it should.  When I receive text messages, it doesn't vibrate.  From what I see in the Messages Notifications and the main Notifications areas, everything is set properly.  Am I missing something or is this a known issue?  

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: S10 5G Does not vibrate for text messages

Are both your  "Vibrate While ringing" and your "Vibration intensities" enabled in your settings menu? They'll look like this. 20200603_123249.jpg

Screenshot_20200603-123224_Settings.jpg

Highlighted
Constellation

The vibration intensity is set to max.  However, I don't have the option to choose Vibrate while ringing.  

Screenshot_20200603-132931_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20200603-132918_Settings.jpg

Highlighted
Constellation

It actually does vibrate when it is ringing for a voice call.  Just not text messages.  

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userCoVBBTpBlZ wrote:

It actually does vibrate when it is ringing for a voice call.  Just not text messages.  

The reason you do not have the vibrate while ringing option is because when you toggle the ringer to vibrate instead of ring; it disables the "Vibrate while ringing" toggle. If you were to toggle your sound mode, you'll see that option. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Ok. But that didn't solve the issue. It still doesn't vibrate when I receive a text message. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

You might wanna try clearing the cache if noth your message notifications are all toggled on, and your volume and vibration settings are all set. That would be the only thing left that would cause that issue. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I cleared the app cache and the main partition cache and it didn't resolve the issue. At this point I'm giving up.  Thanks for trying to help. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

No problem sorry I couldn't be any help beyond that for you.