Original topic:

Cannot hear voice - Built-in Micro AND AirPods

(Topic created: 07-02-2021 05:22 AM)
userZfOxju7OPg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey

This past Sunday (overnight, phone was out of charge), I started having an issue with Snapchat not recording my voice, with the built-in microphone as well as my bluetooth headphones. I deleted Snapchat, reinstalled it, and it didn't fix the issue. Looking into this further, my voice is not being heard in any 3rd party messing apps, as well as Google Assistant and Bixby. Phone calls work with either the built-in and bluetooth microphones as well as shooting videos.

Before taking it somewhere, I did the factory reset (sucked), and am still having the exact same issue.

I finally took it to a repair shop and they told me it is a software issue. OK, not helpful.

Does anyone have anything that can help? I really don't want to have to buy a new phone as a fix.

Thanks!!

AJ

2 Replies
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

it's because you used an Airpod with samsung phone, you made it mad. 

kidding... could you share your device's model number and the software it's on?

for software issues you can submit error report to Samsung Members app. Make sure to submit AFTER you recreate the issue, which seems easy to do in this case. The reason is that the app will collect the necessary logs related to the issue and allow the tech to see what is causing it. It doesn't catch everything all the time, but so far it seems to have done a good job since a lot of the posts i've seen closed their thread as fixed. 

Mic not working in calls or such have been reported here and there, so it's possible  you'll get your fix quickly. Good luck 🙂

0 Likes
userZfOxju7OPg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

haha, I had a feeling I would catch some flack for the airpod comment!

SM-G981U1

One UI: 3.1

Android 11

But, the mic DOES work for calls...

Thanks, Ill submit the error report.

0 Likes