JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Media Volume Automatically Turns Itself Down

(Topic created: 02-09-2021 11:56 AM)
user3N0CloabA6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

My S20 has started to automatically adjust the volume all the way down while I'm listening on my headphones when I'm exercising. There is occasionally a message saying that there is a safety setting to keep the user from listening to the volume at too high of a volume. Now, it doesn't just turn my volume down to the 70% that it says is a safe level, it turns the volume down to 0. Nothign I  an do stops it. I turn it back up, and it just goes right back down. I understand the concept of this feature, but there is no way to disable it. If I want to listen to my music at a high level that's my choice, and Samsung should have no say in that. I hope that there is an update coming soon, because I am beyond frustrated. At this point i'm ready to toss this thing and go back to an Iphone. Maybe someone here can help me find a resolution, because the only help customer service could offer was to do a hard reboot.....we all know how much that helped.

18 Replies
KD7CAO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I too have this issue. However, mine is with ringtone volume. It frequently turns volume to zero so I miss calls. Since I am a First Responder this is very problematic, sometime I miss calls that are extremely important. I have never used the headphones.
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

Does this issue still persist when your phone is in safe mode?

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Bixby / Power key past the model name screen appearing on the screen.
  3. When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Bixby / Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
  7. While in Safe mode, you can now uninstall apps that are causing a problem.

Turn off safe mode

1. Press and hold the Bixby / Power and Volume down key.
  2. Tap Restart > Restart.
  3. The device will restart in standard mode and you can resume normal use.
0 Likes
userB1N9co0yQ0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm having this problem too. Since alarms don't override on silent, I'm having to keep sound on and just adjust the individual volumes. They will toggle down on their own and then my alarms won't go off. I've been late to work so many times since this has happened. I shouldn't have to buy an alarm clock when I've got a $900 phone that have functional alarms.

Options
Galaxy S20

is your volume down button stuck pressed?

0 Likes
userI1DB9zysYY
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes, this is super annoying and ridiculous. It's been happening to me since I got my S20+ 5G. Happens in many different apps, different headphones.

It just happened again to me which is what prompted me to search for a fix and find this thread. 

It happens intermittently. So it stopped now for some reason, 15 minutes after it started. 

userDsKB8q7p16
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same phone and problem as you.

Options
Galaxy S20

try download samsung members app and submit a ticket.
once you open, click +, then click error report

hope they samsung can help you

gl

0 Likes
NightMedicDoc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Uninstall all the updates (back to factory) for SAMSUNG USB-C Headset 

I was having the same issue and now it's working perfectly again!

Hope that helps. 

0 Likes
Solution
NightMedicDoc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

!!!! FIXED!!!! (So far anyway) 

I suddenly starting having this issue 

I Uninstalled all updates for the SAMSUNG USB-C HEADSET (back to factory defaults) and so far working great with no sudden spikes or drops in volume!