JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sending pictures and receiving MMS

(Topic created on: 3/25/20 4:13 PM)
userDLM9wMjWZ8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Where do I begin. So so disgusted with this expensive phone. 1st it takes FOREVER to send a picture. Then while talking I can't send or receive pics.  Its like I am on a freaking iPhone.  That is the MAJOR REASON why I am a Samsung fan.  Is anyone else having the same problem/issues/experiences?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Cindy-Flores89
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

I am sorry you are experiencing issues with your messaging. If you are having trouble sending or receiving pictures messages on your deviceit's usually due to the APN settings not being configured properly in your phone. Please try the following below.

Go to Settings > Connections > Data usage and make sure mobile data is on.

Also try resetting your Network settings. Also found withing the connection settings. 

If none of these troubleshooting steps help, the steps above or Clearing the cache, I would recommend speaking with the Carrier to have them check things on their end. 

View solution in context

25 Replies
Samsung517
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

What phone doe n you have? what carrier are you with, you may have to reset your network settings so it can reconnect to thetwork. 

contact 1800 samsung for further diagnostic or once the samsung stores reopen set up an appointment. 

0 Likes
userDLM9wMjWZ8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have S20 Ultra on sprint network. I will call and see if that helps. Thanks

0 Likes
gridsfun
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
sprint. seems to be the common thread
Solution
Cindy-Flores89
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

I am sorry you are experiencing issues with your messaging. If you are having trouble sending or receiving pictures messages on your deviceit's usually due to the APN settings not being configured properly in your phone. Please try the following below.

Go to Settings > Connections > Data usage and make sure mobile data is on.

Also try resetting your Network settings. Also found withing the connection settings. 

If none of these troubleshooting steps help, the steps above or Clearing the cache, I would recommend speaking with the Carrier to have them check things on their end. 

View solution in context

userGmtRWHSCUn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I don't know if you have resolved your issue, afterall you complained about this problem in March. I was having the same problem and I cleared the cache partition on my S20 and it seems to have fixed the problem for me.  You can google "clearing cache partition on S20" and you will find instructions.  It is not a complicated process.

user8zP6iVUXmc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

You can try whatever settings you want to and every possible solution online, but good luck.  Ive returned the phone three times, and its not the phone.  I test apps on different devices. My Pixel 3a, S10+, One Plus, and even the iPhone do it. It's the carrier. For some reason you cannot send mms over WiFi unless its Google Messages, or iMessage. The caveat is that your outgoing text has to go to the same software user as you. Example, if I send an mms to my buddy on the s20 Ult, he has to be using a device that has Googles new features built into the Messages app. Same with iPhone. My buddy has to be using an iPhone when I send him mms from my iPhone.  Most people I know, use an iPhone. Most people on android do not use Google's new features yet. Google is way too fragmented. My phone of choice is an iPhone, but for traveling and trips, I also bring along the S20 Ultra. Sorry, but you would think it would be more advanced than it is by now. The carriers have to support WiFi mms. In a good area, my phones send pics so fast, but not at my 1 bar house.

0 Likes
userDLM9wMjWZ8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I carry 2 phones also each with a different network. arghhhh so frustrating but I have to be able to stay in touch and be reachable.
0 Likes
userXLDBVEgYSG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I absolutely agree. I have a Note 9 and I could probably go make a sandwich, come back with it half eaten and my phone will still be circling waiting to send! These phones are to dang expensive for that mess
John224
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I get nothing but a gray bubble when my daughter tries to send me a picture half the time , I think this phone was not ready for the market yet. she has the same problem when I say and send her a picture