JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S pen configuration

(Topic created: 06-19-2022 12:25 PM)
userudlfAzVWg2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I lost the s pen that came with my s22 ultra, and bought a replacement.  However, I'm having problems with its functionality.  For example, when I select  screen write from the shortcut menu it takes a screenshot.  I can't get the cap button to work at all, and I had it set to take pictures.  The air command settings are activated and I reset the pen.  Is there a step to replacement I have to do to for it to function properly?
0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@userudlfAzVWg2 I guess you are referring to the button on the end of the S Pen as the "cap" button? That is only there to help you insert and remove the S Pen from the S22 Ultra. It doesn't do anything else. 

Only the button on the side of the S Pen can be used for functions, like taking pictures.

[edit] 

"For example, when I select  screen write from the shortcut menu it takes a screenshot."

That is correct. Then you can write/draw on the screenshot. 

userudlfAzVWg2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I figured that out after I posted, which is embarrassing. I appreciate your response though. I'm new to the s pen and at some point thought the end of it had functionality also. Finally broke down and watched a you tube set up video for the s pen and realized my mistake. Thank you for the response.