JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unlocked wifi calling

(Topic created: 12-09-2022 05:09 PM)
iamwhoiam12
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Has anyone figured out a good workaround for wifi calling with an unlocked s22 ultra? The samsung people confirmed that unlocked phones don't come with wifi calling and said they couldn't recommend and 3rd party apps for liability reasons. I've tried several from the app store, but haven't found one that works yet.

I don't mind at home since I get decent signal, but at work in a stone building with a steel roof, I don't get much if any signal, but have full wifi. I take calls on my cell for work during the day so need that feature.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@iamwhoiam12 Wifi calling depends on your carrier. We always have unlocked phones and they all offer Wifi calling. We use AT&T as our carrier. 

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@iamwhoiam12 Wifi calling depends on your carrier. We always have unlocked phones and they all offer Wifi calling. We use AT&T as our carrier. 

Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
I use T-Mobile and Wi-Fi calling is supported and works on multiple phones including Samsung

ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Unlocked S22 Ultra on Spectrum/Verizon and I have wifi calling
MDdaigle
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Depends on the carrier I have an unlocked s21 on straight talk/tmobile sim and I have wifi calling use it every day
biff777
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Att phones has wifi calling also. You might have to reset phone. I've had to do this before.
0 Likes