Original topic:

Q990c hdmi cable issue

(Topic created: 04-04-2023 04:20 AM)
Options
Home Theater

Just picked up the new q990c soundbar to pair with my Qn90b.  Running firmware 1002 (sound bar) and 1430 (tv). I’m not sure where the issue lies on this (tv or bar). I’m having issues switching sources between the two devices. I have an Apple TV and blu ray player connected to my sound bar, and the soundbar to the tv via hdmi 3. When I turn on the tv, the Apple TV is displayed properly (hdmi 1 via sound bar). From this point I am able to toggle between both of the sound bar’s hdmi sources without issue. When I exit to the tv’s home menu, I am still able to return to hdmi one by selecting either the recent tab or the soundbar source itself. But if I’m using one of the tv’s apps for around 5 mins, and then try to return to either of the sound bar’s sources, the tv will no longer recognize the source. Just get the blue screen saying no source connected or to power on the device. I am unable to reconnect to either of the soundbar’s hdmi sources. The only way to get back to these sources is to turn off the tv and turn it back on again. I had the 2021 version of this soundbar (q950a) previously and experienced no issues switching between sources.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Home Theater

It turns out an untrustworthy brand of hdmi cables was the source of all my issues with eARC.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Options
Home Theater

I discovered that eARC is causing the issue. Once I turned off eARC mode on my tv, I was able to switch between sources properly. I’m just not sure if the issue is with the sound bar or the tv (Qn90b). eARC needs to be fixed

0 Likes
Solution
Options
Home Theater

It turns out an untrustworthy brand of hdmi cables was the source of all my issues with eARC.

0 Likes