JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to disable Q990C from auto switching sound to Game Mode?

(Topic created: 11-28-2023 11:53 AM)
ShatterTN
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
I recently purchased the Samsung Q990C surround sound system. Overall, I really like it. However, I've ran into an issue where it will automatically change the sound mode to Game Mode because my Samsung TV (Q70R) is in Game Mode.

I understand the benefits of my TV being in Game Mode when playing on a video game console, but I don't understand why the Sound Mode would default to a Game Mode over the other settings, like Adaptive, Surround, or Standard.

I want my Samsung TV to run in Game Mode, but I want my Samsung Q990C soundbar system to default to one of the other sound modes other than Game Mode. With the only option being to manually change the Sound Mode each and every time I change inputs, this is frustrating. This default behavior is a bad design choice that I hope can be addressed.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello @ShatterTN! Thank you for reaching out! Unfortunately, there is no way to do this as when switching to game mode automatically switches everything to make playing games look better and have less input lag. You will need to change the option each time if you want to use a different sound mode. Or the other option would be to use optical, but you will lose some functionality that you have using HDMI. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello @ShatterTN! Thank you for reaching out! Unfortunately, there is no way to do this as when switching to game mode automatically switches everything to make playing games look better and have less input lag. You will need to change the option each time if you want to use a different sound mode. Or the other option would be to use optical, but you will lose some functionality that you have using HDMI.