Original topic:

VoLTE not working since OneUI 4.0 Beta installation

(Topic created: 11-29-2021 06:09 AM)
userbq1AJ8CJaT
Asteroid
Options
Questions

Hello,

I am facing a strange problem with my S21 Ultra Unlocked which was directly bought from Samsung. I had enrolled into OneUI 4.0 beta when I was in the US. I was using Sprint connection then. I could see that, 'Service provider software version' is mentioned as SAOMC_SM-G998U1_OYM_XAA_12_0025 XAA/XAA, VZW/XAA.

I had to travel back to my home country (India) and I am using an Airtel sim card (LTE) here. Now, the strange problem is that LTE works here fine. But, VoLTE is not working. The network changes to 2G for phone calls. I am assuming that the autoswitching bands which was introduced in OneUI 4.0 is causing the problem here. I think since my software version shows as VZW, it's not registering the GSM bands.

Can anyone please help me here? The 2G network in my area is really bad and the calls get dropped quite often. I read some posts that we had an option to change local CSC in the older software, but it's not allowed anymore in OneUI 4.0.

I guess reverting to OneUI 3.1 will help, but that means a hard reset and again, I am not sure what is going to happen after the OneUI 4.0 stable release is out.

@SamsungJam

34 Replies
aps99
Halo
Options
Questions

I don't understand what they mean by "We do not support JIO". It is working in One UI 3.1. They have broken something in Android 4.0.

Do they mean that Samsung phones bought in US can only be used in US?

@USBetaModerator @userspam565656 Please confirm. If it's the case, this will help many people who plan to buy Samsung phones during Black Friday. They will help themselves by not buying a Samsung phone.

0 Likes
sr14
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
For Pete's sake, it is a Factory UNLOCKED phone, it means NO carrier RESTRICTIONS.

Why they singledout JIO need to be explained by @USBetaModerator @userspam565656
0 Likes
userjvNFMLefSq
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

Apart from Volte and wifi calling missing in S21 ultra USA variant  stable one UI4.0 , You may also  notice 120HZ refresh rate and battery bug too.. 

120hz refresh rate works as long as we touches the screen ..as soon as we take off finger refresh rate goes back to 60 hz.. battery drain is very fast .. 

If you find any solution for all the bugs please  reply .. 

I DO EMAIL TO DEVELOPERS (support@samsungdevelopers.com)ABOUT ALL THE BUGS AND ALSO TWEET ON TWITTER TAGING @SamsungMobileUS .I THINK YOU  SHOULD ALSO DO THE SAME  AS I DO OTHERWISE SAMSUNG WILL NOT LISTEN OUR PROBLEMS

0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. If you haven’t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
sr14
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

Did anyone find a solution for this? 

We all appreciate it if you can share the trick/solution/workaround. 

0 Likes