Original topic:

A15 5G ghost touch and unresponsive

(Topic created: 04-15-2024 03:50 PM)
userPuXVoczVqj
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I have had 6 AT&T Samsung A15 5G devices purchased from Walmart as well as one factory unlocked purchased from Bestbuy all with the same issue. The ghost touch on all the devices is in the bottom right corner by the camera app. Worst experience I've ever had just to type this message from it not responding to touch. No screen protector on. Has Samsung acknowledged this issue? 
11 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I'm sorry that you are experiencing problems with your device, Please try opening the settings for your display and then select Touch Sensitively feature. The Samsung A15 doesn't have a fast chipset like the S24 series and may seem to lag when performing basic tasks, unfortunately
userPuXVoczVqj
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I have ghost touch with the touch sensitivity on and off. I don't think it has anything to do with chip set. I believe it's a flaw with the devices.
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You can try using the Samsung member's' diagnostic tools to check your phone for any hardware related issues, i am not sure what is causing the ghost taps, The chipset in your phone is responsible for the Overall performance and display sensors that register your Touch feedback, please try testing your device it will test everything from your wifi to your speakers and will also check the entire display for any hardware related issues, if the Test determines you have a hardware problem please contact Samsung Support Directly and explain everything to Them
+1 800-726-7864
0 Likes
userPuXVoczVqj
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I've tired that on all 7 A15 devices I had.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
The only thing I can recommend is to return them to the store. The A15 is not exactly the most responsive device it performance is based on the chipset and on board memory ,which can cause the device to run slow. If you purchased 7 of these phones, it's very unlikely that it's a hardware issue, I am sorry that you are experiencing problems with your device, but unfortunately, I am not sure why 7 devices have the Same issue ,please see the attached article

https://www.androidcentral.com/phones/samsung-galaxy-a15-5g-review
0 Likes
Halvar
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

When it happened on 7 devices and obviousley for others its defenetly something with the devices.

Ive tried many strange cheap and expensive phones on the market and none ever had ghost touches exept samsungs (unless related to scren protectors) .

Lag from slow hardware is something completely different and of course you can expect a cheaper device to be a bit slow. But a slow device doesnt start "pressning" your scren repeatedly until you reboot, thats a hardware or softare issue. 

Now i too have a brand new a15 that i got from work and the ghost touch occurs several times every day. 

0 Likes
chocowonder77
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I had the same problem on my Galaxy A13 5g and it ssucks ig tyme!! I wish I could getting my phone fixed or get my money back!!
0 Likes
3Fees
Nebula
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I have touch sensitivity off and accidential touch on. I have a review of the Samsung Galaxy A15 5G. It differs from critics, A15 5G is what most people are buying. Buy your phones off, Ebay. Money back guarantee, etc. Walmart has little input on sellers. It can be a roll of the dice. You can also buy from Samsung direct.

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes
ZeeshanAhmad
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I am facing the same issue with my Samsung A15 4G, just bought 1-2 weeks ago. 

It happens when we start using touch too much and then it starts clicking at all the corners of the screen. Then we have to press the power button to turn off the display and press it again to turn on the display. Doing that sometimes solves the issue. 

This issue mostly happens when the phone is heated up. And it gets worse with it. I am afraid its touch will get completely useless in the upcoming time when the battery will lose its performance and the phone will start to heat up more.

This is a big blunder by SAMSUNG. I just switched from HUAWEI and compared to my previous HUAWEI Y9 prime touch screen, the SAMSUNG A25 touchscreen performance is really poor.

0 Likes